Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It's OK - I'm Still Alive!

I totally would have written before now IF I HAPPENED TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!

However, since starting FUEL on Sunday(Monday for the workouts) I have lost all ability to write a coherent thought.  How do you like how I put the days of  the week in there - it's not like I started YESTERDAY!!!  Oh wait - I did..

So I thought about writing earlier today, but my arms were like jello and SORE as HECK! My brain wouldn't break through the PAIN and AGONY!  Ok a bit of an exaggeration - but only a bit.  I thought today would be better.  HA...haha....hahahahhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  That would be a big old NO!!!  O....M.....G.....Let's just say it's a good thing I don't type with my feet.  I'm not even exactly sure I know how I'm going to get up from this chair!

On top of all of this legwork, I've been doing squats for the last 2 days too.  200 of them to be exact...yes, I said TWO HUNDRED!  That's from someone who has never done ONE! And that's ON TOP of today's work out - which included 50 squats, 50 sumo squats, 20 each leg of lunges - reverse, front and side lunges....my quads hurt.  A lot....a lot.....a lot!!

And remember how I told you that I was a runner?  Well I really AM a runner now.  For the last 2 days I've been a real runner.  Well, a real runner that runs for 30 seconds, 1 minute and then 2 minutes...but HEY, it's more than I've done in the past forever! And if I can stretch those seconds into longer and longer minutes I'll have that 5K in no time.  Did I mention that I don't like to run?  Well yeah, I still don't like to run.  I'm hoping that comes with time - and real running shoes.  My feet HURT.  I'm going to a running shop this weekend to be fitted for the best type of shoes.  My feet hurt along the inside of my foot, which leads me to believe I run/walk on the inside of my feet!  Brilliant I know!

So there you have it.  2 days into this and I'm in agony.  I'll push through it though.  I still don't like exercise. I'm still really hoping I'll like exercise the more I do it.  I'm committed though! For 13 weeks baby, I'm COMMITTED!

4 comments:

  1. I started running last summer and I found Brooks running shoes to be awesome! When I brought them home, my husband said Brooks running shoes were what he ran cross country and track in. Check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo happy for you! It is hard to start and harder to stick with it, but I know you can do it. Since I have known you, you have proven to be the most honest, caring, loving person. You have cared for so many others along the way, nuturing them, juggling so many positions: loving wife, amazing mother, super employee, devoted servant, wonderful daughter, best friend to dozens. The time has come to be loving, amazing, super, devoted, wonderful, and best to yourself! I am so happy to see you making your health a priority. What can I do to support you!? YOU GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments like that will support me BIG TIME!!! Thanks CB <3! Shelley, I'll check out those shoes!

    ReplyDelete